Cost of Membership
You can join as a member in the following categories:
|Individual||£55 per year|
|Young Professional (under 30)||£30 per year (proof of date of birth required)|
|Student||£10 per year (no ICOMOS card, some benefits not available)|
|Institutional||£300 per year|
Membership runs from 1 January to 31 December each year. If you join from October to December, your membership fee for that year will cover the following year as well.
- Membership application form (includes direct debit and Gift Aid form)
- Direct debit form
- Gift Aid form
- Membership flyer
Application Form and Payment
Please complete the attached membership form. You can pay by direct debit or by cheque. If you wish to pay by bank transfer either within the UK or internationally, please contact us on email@example.com If you are a UK taxpayer, please complete the Gift Aid form that is part of the membership form, as it enables us to claim back tax on your membership subscription.
You can now also pay for or renew your membership with PayPal online. Please follow the link below in order to do this. If you are a new member, please note that you will still need to fill in a membership form and send it back to us.
ICOMOS Ethical Statement
We expect all members of ICOMOS-UK to subscribe to the ICOMOS Ethical Statement and the ICOMOS Policy for the Implementation of the World Heritage Mandate, which set out best practice in professional conduct for ICOMOS members.
Individual/Young Professional/Student Membership
By becoming a member you can:
- Get free or discounted admission to a range of heritage sites worldwide through international ICOMOS membership*
- Meet and network with heritage and conservation professionals and students at ICOMOS-UK events and seminars (discounts for members)
- Add your experience to one of our specialist national and international committees
- Contribute to the development of best practice in the conservation and management of UK World Heritage Sites
- Be kept informed on international conservation news and events through our regular email bulletin
- Get priority access to a wealth of information on conservation and preservation at the UNESCO-ICOMOS Documentation Centre in Paris - this is a large library holding books, files, periodicals and photographs on built heritage, conservation and restoration*
- Be part of a worldwide inter-disciplinary group of skilled professionals engaged in the care and understanding of the world’s cultural heritage via the ICOMOS international experts’ database*
*Please note that student members are not entitled to ICOMOS international membership, and will not receive an ICOMOS international membership card, nor have priority access to the UNESCO-ICOMOS Documentation Centre in Paris nor be part of the ICOMOS international experts’ database. If you wish to access these benefits, please join as a full Individual or Young Professional member.
What Our Members Say
“ICOMOS gave me access to global heritage and an opportunity to work internationally. Most importantly it has allowed me to be inspired by the work of many wonderful people around the world.”
"Being a member of ICOMOS has helped me be less parochial in outlook - sharing experience internationally, and helping to campaign against threats to world heritage abroad"
Our institutional members are UK World Heritage Sites, local councils, archaeology and conservation charities, architects, conservation and landscape consultancies or other organisations actively engaged in conservation or protection of historic monuments, buildings or sites.
The benefits for you of joining ICOMOS-UK as an institutional member are:
- A chance for your staff to network with other professionals working in the UK and internationally on conservation and heritage projects
- Access to information about developments in new thinking and practice in managing cultural heritage worldwide
- Discounts on ICOMOS-UK events for up to 6 members of your staff